Monday, January 23, 2012

Turkeys on the loose!!!

I had forgotten to add this piece to my website after I graduated SCAD, and sadly forgot to scan it as well. This piece is about 17x20 and scanners that size are hard to come by. This is just a photograph of it for now. It's a little fuzzy but I hate hiding it. It was based on a childhood memory when my family went up to the Poconos around Halloween and rented a cabin for the week. It was the perfect little cabin tucked away in the woods by a huge lake and we would see frost on the ground and deer eating the apples off the apple trees that were in the front yard early in the morning. One afternoon we had heard this strange sound. As we looked outside there were over 30 wild turkeys running down the street in front of our house. I was about 7 and I've never seen a living turkey in my life, let alone 30 wild ones running down the street! This crazy memory came up and I decided to dedicate a piece of art to it! Enjoy!!


November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment